For those of you that have followed my journey know that I eat fairly clean and exercise about 5 to 6 days a week. Sometimes just 3 times a week. Depending on my schedule. But do you ever wonder how some people can lose weight and keep it off, while others struggle?
If I got a penny for each time someone has asked me how can they lose weight and keep it off, I will be a millionaire :).
Even though most people believe that eating a clean diet is key, it may not be the only thing you need to do. I focus a lot on healing my mind and body. When I crave junk food (wish is pretty much never), I run to a healthier option. My weakness is chocolate, but not M&M’s , snickers, etc. I love Raw Cacao chocolate. That is pretty much my go to for when I want chocolate. So many wonderful recipes that you can make using raw cacao powder, or just having a piece of raw cacao chocolate. Do not let food control you.
I do not believe in (DIE)T. Noticed the first 3 letters? Diets never work, and all it does is restrict you. Have you ever tried to be on a low carb diet, or eliminate carbs all together? Were you happy or did you feel cranky, and tired?
Let me say, I do not count calories, macros, etc. Too much work and all I really want to do is ENJOY my food! With that being said, I watch what I eat. I mostly eat a plant based diet and I absolutely love it.
Here are some tips on how you can lose weight and keep it off.
1) Nourish your body with clean whole foods. Greens, Fruit, Superfoods, Healthy fats, and stay hydrated. Most of the times when you feel hungry it’s just a sign that you are dehydrated. Drink a cup of water and wait and see if you still feel hungry.
2) Eat fermented foods . Fermented foods heal your gut. Try Kombucha, Kimchi, nutritional yeast, and kefir.
3) Reduce stress by meditating at least 10 minutes a day.
4) Emotional stress can cause weight gain. Stress elevates your stress hormones and that can definitely be a cause of weight gain. Whatever you do in life make sure you are making the right choices. Are you in a toxic relationship? Hate your job? Remove toxic people and things from your life.
5) If you eat meat, try to make sure it’s organic and grass fed or wild caught.
6) Be very aware of the ingredients in your makeup, skin care, household products, etc. Unless you are using toxic free products, chances are you are entering toxic chemicals into your body. Feel free to view my website for pure, safe, and toxic free products. www.safetrustedpure.com
7) Visualization – Imagine yourself losing weight, see yourself in the body you wish to have, and create a vision board.
These are just a few things you can start to incorporate into your life.
I know sometimes it’s hard for people to stay consistent because life gets in the way, but you must try to find a way to a healthier you. If you feel you just need the right accountability, please contact me for a FREE 45 Minute Consultation today. I would love to talk with you.
Enjoy your weekend!
Stay safe and be blessed.
Health & Happiness,
Your Wellness Coach